5 Easy Ways To Decrease Anxiety Right Now
1. Place your feet flat on the ground. Remember, you are grounded right here, right now.
2. Stand up straight. Pull your shoulders back. Stand with your feet apart and open your chest. You're in control.
3. Take a deep breath in and out. Make your exhale longer than your inhale. In for 3 seconds; out for 5 seconds. Repeat.
4. Take a moment to question what's happening. Your body is currently in survival mode. What might be causing this? Did something just happen? Can you remind yourself that you don't need to be in survival mode right now?
5. Let it go. You can breathe and move your body. You are not only surviving but you are thriving.